Thursday, July 22, 2010

Halenna's 1st cake ever!!!




If there's a will, there's a way. Halenna's 1st cake ever made at home. She made it single handed but of course me standing beside her watching thro the process. No joke its really a 1.2 day crash course for her! Can't believe she cud make it through with the icing!!! Well done dear.

 It started  when my sis-in-law told me that Halenna is taking part in a cake deco contest at school. Obviously, it was a surprise to me since she had never done any baking nor had done any cake deco all this while.  The timing wasn't right since I'm really buzy during that weekends with the wedding cake orders. But not to dissapoint her, promised to give her a simple deco techniques with buttercream and some fondant flowers.  I can see the excitement in her when I told her that. Just cant say no to my beloved niece.

It was fun though making the fondant figurines with her, getting it done for the cake contest. The teacher wants them to do their cake deco at schools and to bring whatever deco they want to put. Suggest her to do garden theme since its quite easy for her. Just pipe the buttercream icing for the grass and deco with all those fondant toppers.

Few hours before leaving for school in the afternoon, I've prepared small cake & ask her to practice with the icing piping.  Asked to deco based on  her creativity with the grass and the star nozzle.  First 1 hr hour was really tough for her but eventually she get hold of the piping techniques. Can do la....

C  nothing is impossible right !!! What impressed and surprised me most when she told me that she WON the cake deco contest....!!!!!!!! She was stunned and can't believed herself  when the teacher announced that she's d winner.  My salute to u, Halenna..... Till todate never had a chance to c her cake photo. Still with the teacher.... Just wandering how it looks like.......

No comments: